Vacancy: Quality Assurance Technician (Part Time – 3 days a week)
IPU Group is an industrial company specialising in manufacturing and supplying solutions for a number of key markets which include stand-by power generation, oil and gas, industrial and marine engines.
People, Communications and Quality Manager
Area of direct responsibility:
Maintain and improve quality standards across the business through process, products, standards, testing and reviewing data.
You will be responsible for:
• Review NCR data and report on findings to line manager
• Work with teams to facilitate the creation of standard operating procedures and maintain library
• Complete and action relevant parts of the NCR’s and OFI’s
• Manage the returns process using various stakeholders from across the business, reporting as required
• Run internal audits
• Participate in ISO audits
• Goods in quality checks
• QA sign off on projects as and when required
• PPAP work – dimensional checks, product comparisons, control plans and any other customer requirements
• Quality of data on ERP system – eg. Stock card naming conventions.
• Maintaining company calibration register.
• Facilitate process capturing in all departments
• Ensure personal compliance with all Company Health and Safety requirements
• Ensure personal compliance and promotion of the Company’s Equal Opportunities and Dignity at Work policies
• Ensure personal compliance with the Company’s Bribery policy
• Proactively raise NCR’s where appropriate
• Proactively investigate and close allocated NCR’s
• Proactively seek industry knowledge and professional development opportunities
• Uphold the Company values
• Undertake other duties as requested by a senior member of staff
It is a condition of this role that you make yourself available for and take full advantage of any training and development identified as either specific and directly related to the role or is developmental in any area.
Experience and Competencies:
• Good understanding of health & safety at work
• A full clean driving licence
• Flexible and adaptable
• Commercial understanding
• Strong IT skills with the ability to produce customer quotes and reports (MS Word; Outlook & MS Excel)
• Willing to travel nationwide to audit suppliers
• Self-starter and self-motivated
• Able to use initiative
• Professional, customer facing presentation
• Collaborative team player
• Excellent communication skills with an open and honest approach
• Enthusiastic and positive outlook
• Decisive / Problem Solver
Some knowledge of our industry sector is an advantage but not essential; however, the Company is seeking to recruit enthusiastic and motivated individuals, with a desire and willingness to learn and develop skills associated with the industry.